Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cranky

Yesterday I was having a woe-is-me day.  Because of the fluid build up in my ear from the ear infection, I can't hear out of my right ear. Also, Matthew's sleep issues are catching up with me.  It's making me cranky.  And he's been unbelievably cranky too, screaming for what seems to be no reason at all.  Not fun! 

So, last night I was hoping to quickly give Mattie a bath, put him to bed and follow minutes later.  In a not so fun twist, when I was giving Matthew a bath, I started to get dizzy and lightheaded.  I couldn't sit up, couldn't stand, and couldn't turn my head.  It continued until early this morning. Even now I feel like I've had too many adult beverages.  I stumble and can't balance.  I doubt I can walk a straight line.  I'm sure it is an effect of the ear infection, but it is so bizarre.  Thankfully I'm better than I was last night and hopefully it will continue to improve throughout today.

I'm baffled by Matthew's poor mood lately. He's eating well, so I don't think it is his belly anymore.  If he didn't have ear tubes, I would take him to the pediatrician to check for an ear infection.  Maybe he's going through a serious case of separation anxiety.  Who knows!?!   I'm very tired of being screamed at in a language I don't understand and I'm sure he's tired of me not understanding. Whatever the cause, I hope it passes soon!! 

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that the latest cold that has been going around, at least here, has come with bouts of vertigo. Maybe that's what it is. Either way, take it easy and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete