Monday, January 23, 2012

Baby Steps

Matthew wants to walk.  He walks using his walker. He walks behind his push toys.  He walks pushing his ride on toys.  He walks holding onto my hands.  He walks holding only one of my hands.  With all of this walking, he is becoming much more stable, but we expect he is still months away from being to walk independently.  "Baby steps"-- literally and figuratively.

On Sunday, we took Matthew over to the path near our house so that he could walk a ways on an open stretch instead of walking the pin-ball game in our living room.  He didn't walk as far as I thought he would, but it was almost nap time and there were more than a few distractions.  I think we've found a nice stretch of smooth surface for him to walk.

I'm training to run my first 10k and run on this path.  This image is my motivation.  As I train to run, Matthew trains to walk.  Mathew's strength, perseverance, and spirit keep me putting one foot in front of the other, running down that path. 

Matthew walking down the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment