Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hard Night

Since Sunday, Matthew has slowly been getting back to his old self...happy and active with a sweet disposition, but a frustrating feeder.  Last night something changed.  He started fussing, and then screaming, and not sleeping.  Last night was rough and we knew something was amiss, but didn't know what it was.  

I called the pediatrician this morning, and they were thankfully able to get us in 20 minutes after the call.  I rushed to get Jackson (his first day at home with me) and Matthew in the car to hurry to the appointment.  I cannot explain how happy I am with our pediatrician. He's a caring guy who has helped us all along the way and I trust him to tell me like it is.  When I updated him on Matthew's latest, he hugged me and kissed Matthew. He affirmed what we are suspecting, that this newest heart issue is not good at all.   But that is not today's issue.  The doctor examined Mattie and had the biggest grin on his face when he told me that Matthew has yet another ear infection.  Ah, an ear infection, we can deal with that!

I'm planning to call cardiology today to find out when our appointment might be since we haven't heard from them yet.  Hopefully soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment