Sunday, October 10, 2010

PDA Recovery Update- 9a 10/10

Happy 10/10/10!  On Thursday when we came in for the PDA procedure, I was hopeful we wouldn't be spending today in the hospital, but alas, we are.  

Matthew and I love the 15th floor.  Everyone we've come in contact with has been great!  Matthew is hooked up to a box that sends his vitals to a centralized system, so the alarms don't go off in our room but someone is still keeping an eye on them.  This box also allows us to move around, so he and I have made a few laps around the floor this morning.  Additionally, he and I got almost 8 hours of sleep last night (with a few interruptions for vitals). It felt great!  Matthew even shot me a few smiles this morning to show me how much better he's feeling. 

Matthew's heart rate is still low but last night it didn't drop down as far as it has been. The doctors and I are hopeful that this is just a temporary issue caused either by the PDA fix (his heart getting used to the new flow) or an after effect of the anesthesia.  But today we'll have to start asking questions about the impacts if this doesn't correct itself shortly.  

Thank you for all of the prayers, well-wishes and special thoughts for our sweet baby Matthew.  They have given us great comfort and we are so very grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment