Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Job Description


Today is the last day of my 9.5 year career at Accenture.  I accepted another job 7 months ago and have been pulling double duty since.  Below is the job description for my (now) only full time job.
1 Matthew Mommy Wanted

Must be
-on call 24 hours a day
-patient and loving
-organized
-willing to make a fool out of self for grins and laughs
-able to sing the ABC song time and time again
-able to understand medical terminology or be willing to research
-able to produce milk and/or cook
-willing to worry several hours a day
-able to drive (to the medical center and back, time and time again)
-agreeable to alternative pay (smiles and love instead of $)
-all of the above for 2 fun-loving pre-schoolers at the same time
My new boss is very cute, but sometimes screams at me in a language I don’t understand.  He's not a great conversationalist.  He also seems to root for my team’s archrival (but that isn’t new to me, most people at my old job did too).  
Though I joke a bit, today I have mixed emotions. My Accenture friends are smart, fun people and I will miss working with them on a daily basis.  When I think about my decision to take the voluntary separation package, I’m confronted with the realization that life is so very different than I planned for and it makes me a bit sad.  But since it is what it is, this change is the best decision, the only decision.  Being mommy to my kids has always been my first priority and Matthew has made that a full time role plus, plus and plus. This change will make life less complicated which will be a big relief after the months and months of things that have made life more complicated.
Tomorrow I’ll celebrate my first day of having only the one job (mommy) by taking my boss (Matthew) to Texas Children’s for his heart catheterization to fix his PDA.  We pray that he’s well enough to undergo the procedure and it goes exactly as planned.  I will update the blog as we get updates tomorrow.  We appreciate the continued prayers and positive thoughts for our sweet baby Matthew!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new job and new boss!! This has got to be the hardest, but most challenging, job that you'll ever have. No one else could do it and therefore, you're the perfect candidate for the position. I'm really happy for you, and while I'm sure you'll have mixed emotions about it over the next few months, years, decades....trust in your decision, trust in the Lord, and love your family!! Many blessings for all of you!! Will continue to pray for your family!

    ReplyDelete