Tuesday, April 12, 2011

How Far I've Come

I often think about how far we've come in the past year plus when I look at Matthew, marvel at his development in the past few months, or revel in full night's sleep.  I was reminded yesterday how far I have come in the past year. 

A year ago, the thought of having all 3 kids on my own (like when Darren goes to his weekly church meeting) would strike fear in my heart (at worst) or be an annoyance (at the least).  Somehow in the last year, that feeling has completely gone away.  3 kids on my own= no problem!  And the thought of taking all 3 of them to the store on my own used to be unthinkable, now I wouldn't give it a second thought. 

Jackson, Alyssa, & Matthew reading a bedtime story together.
I worried how I would adjust to staying home with Matthew full time. I left Accenture 6 months ago and haven't looked back.  I love being with Matthew. I used to struggle a little on Tuesdays/Thursdays when Jackson and Matthew were both home all day.  Now I look forward to those days.  Jackson, Matthew and I have a great time together. 

Jackson 'driving' the bus at the outlet mall-
this Tuesday's outing with the boys
I'm not sure if it is because the kids are older (and easier) or if I just finally adjusted to life with 3 little kids, but it is nice to think back and be happy with how far we've come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment