Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Step Forward

This morning we were told that if Matthew needed breathing treatments more frequently than he got them yesterday, we were going to be moved to the ICU.  So, I was a little nervous when Matthew wasn't doing well about 2 hours after his treatment this afternoon.  The respiratory therapist almost called it and gave him a treatment at that 2 hour mark.  Since that would mean a move, I asked her to hold off, to see if Matthew could improve on his own.  He had been napping, was laboring to breathe, and was drenched in sweat, but I had hope that he would be able to make it to the 3 hour mark.

And Mattie went above and beyond.  He took a 4 hour nap and woke sounding like he did yesterday (which was an improvement over last night and this morning). He didn't need a treatment for 5 hours.  I'm encouraged that he might have taken that step forward again.  He isn't as recovered as I would like, but I'm praying that he keeps the forward momentum! No going back please! 

Thank you for the continued prayers and well wishes for our sweet baby Matthew.  We are blessed to have such amazing friends and family.  Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment