Monday, April 4, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

When we were in the midst of surgeries, feedings where Matthew screamed his head off, helmet fittings, etc I couldn't imagine that life would become normal again, that we would fall into a routine and life would be good.  But life is good! 

This weekend was full of normal, fantastic things.  We went to fish fry at church on Friday night.  Saturday morning I went running with my No Excuses running group while Darren worked on the '66 Mustang.  Then friends from Austin came over for lunch.  We cooked out and it was great to catch up with them.  After which we played outside at a neighbor's house and then we had date night on Saturday night.  Sunday morning Darren ran and then we headed to my folks house for lunch and playtime out there.  Sunday afternoon we went back over to the neighbor's yard.  Everyone was thoroughly tired by bedtime on Sunday night!

Throughout the weekend at the neighbor's and my folk's houses, Alyssa learned to ride her bicycle without training wheels and Jackson learned to ride his bike with training wheels (before he would only ride his tricycle).  Our dear neighbors loaned us their balance bike and after less than a day playing with it, Alyssa was off on her own bike.  I've been telling Alyssa she has to learn without training wheels to ride to the big school in the Fall.  So when she rode up to me yesterday, she said "I'm ready to go to Kindergarten now."   It was a delightfully normal, wonderful weekend! 

Jackson earned tractor time by riding his bicycle. 

Alyssa on the balance bike.
She said it was more fun than the tractor.

Matthew enjoyed petting Max (my folks' dog)

Alyssa riding her bike sans training wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment