Monday, April 11, 2011

Optimistic

As we considered going to the children's festival this past weekend, it made me think back to a year ago.  Last year we took the 6 week old Matthew along with Jackson and Alyssa and had a great time at the festival. 

I remember thinking at the time last year that besides Matthew's eating issues, we were doing well.  It was when we thought we had some simple surgeries in Matthew's future and everything else was wait and see.  Ironically, we haven't even gotten to those simple surgeries yet because we found the malrotated intestines, the major heart issue, and the craniosynostosis.  Those took priority.

Thinking back to that day, I get a little nervous. I thought we were doing well and I had no idea what was to transpire over the next months.  Right now, I think we are doing well.  It is the best it has ever been. Am I being naive to be so optimistic?  Are we due a surprise around the corner?  I sure hope not!

A year ago, Matthew's eating issues let us know that something was amiss.  What keeps me so optimistic now, and keeps me from really worrying about what is to come, is that Matthew is eating and sleeping well. And though a moment of worry creeps up every so often, I remain optimistic for Matthew and all of our futures!

No comments:

Post a Comment