Wednesday, February 1, 2012

T-1 Week Until--- Nothing

Matthew was scheduled for hand surgery 1 week from today at the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, where they would take his index finger and place it in a thumb position (his right hand).  The catch- he has to be well for the 2 weeks before the surgery.  I've been hoping, praying and doing everything in my power to keep him well.

But I can't put Matthew in a bubble and Saturday his nose started running.  Sunday he started sounding a little congested.  I was hoping I was imagining things.  "Maybe it is nothing.  Let's see if it passes." Well, it didn't.  Now Matthew is sick, again. It means that we will have to push back the hand surgery, yet again.  He was well almost 4 weeks in a row-- I think it was a record.  And now we'll have to work to keep him healthy for the next date, whenever that might be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment