Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Blue Funk Lifted

On Saturday, I went to lunch with a mom who has a unique son as well.  He has a different diagnosis than Matthew, and different manifestations of his chromosomal abnormalities, but it was nice to commiserate and share experiences with someone who has a little boy walking a very unique journey.  Having lunch with her reminded me (1) how very far Matthew has come and (2) how very lucky we are to be where we are.  It snapped me out of my obsession with what will happen in Matthew's future, and that is exactly what I needed to get me out of my blue funk.  It is like a haze has lifted and I feel like myself again. 

So-- now to share a few of the things that are making me smile:

-Alyssa came home from day camp on Monday and told me "I met a boy today and he said he wants to marry me but actually I'm not so sure."  That night she wrote her name and phone number on a piece of paper to give it to him the next day and she brought home his name and number too. I guess we'll have to set up a play date.
-There must be something about day camp because the last time Jackson went, he just had to take 2 water guns on water play day, one to share with a girl in his camp. When I asked her name, he said "I don't remember, (big pause) but she is beautiful."  It wasn't 'Find a Mate' camp, it was just the school district's day camp!
-Last week, I took Matthew to a story time (in sign language) held at the college and on our way he ran to keep up with his shadow.   



No comments:

Post a Comment