Monday, August 27, 2012

Love the 1st Day

I love the first day of school.  New school supplies, special attire, and the anticipation of what is to come--I love it all!  Today was Alyssa's first day of 1st grade.  I was so excited to ride up to school with her today, like we did every day last year.  That 10-15 minutes is always a highlight of my day.  

In Alyssa fashion, she asked me to wait across the street instead of walking her to the door or bike racks.  So from across the street, I watched her cross, rack her bike, and walk in to school with a little friend who is in her class.  And just like last year, she never looked back.   

Now, I have a few minutes to catch my breath and get ready for my first day too.  Today is the start of the Fall semester at the college, and it is my first time teaching 3 classes back to back.  (The 3rd class did make, much to my surprise.)  I'm giddy to be going back to the classroom!

Happy first day of school! 

Alyssa's 1st day of 1st grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment