Friday, August 31, 2012

Whew

We are so glad it is Friday!  I really wish that the first day of school had fallen on a Wednesday, so we could ease into the crazy routine, but the powers that be decided we needed to jump in the deep end of the pool and go all 5 days on the first week.  Whew!

Jackson is back to dreading school, not a big surprise since he's been back for 2 1/2 weeks.  Though his teacher reports he is doing well, and every afternoon he has good things to say about school.  

Alyssa transitioned well to 1st grade.  She doesn't seem any worse for the wear at the end of the day, and definitely not as worn out as she was her first week of kindergarten.  

On the other hand, I am dragging.  Teaching 3 classes back to back and then running around to get the kids from their respective schools in the hundred degree heat (in addition to doctors appointments) has me falling into bed exhausted at the end of every day.  It is only the first week (I hope this will feel easier soon) and I'm already looking forward to next year when Alyssa and Jackson will be at the same school.  

To add to the craziness, Matthew has been Trouble, with a capital T.  He has taken to carrying around the step stool, so that he can access places previously out of his reach.  He has brought me a pair of scissors from the kitchen drawer, sucked on a tube of capsasin from the bathroom cabinet, locked and unlocked the front door, and thrown everything he can in the sink.  I'm not sure I can go any grayer from the stress of an even more adventurous Matthew.  So far, no injuries, but I fear we are one moment away from one.  (The capsasin adventure had me panicked, but he did fine after I washed him down with milk.)   He is definitely the most fearless and adventurous Hoy kid so far.  I had assumed we did all of our 'baby-proofing' with Alyssa, but Matthew has proven me wrong.  Time to go hide all of the sharp objects!

Exhibit A

Exhibit B (in lieu of the step stool, he'll use a chair)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment