Friday, April 12, 2013

Now At Main Campus

We were transported via ambulance from west campus a few hours ago in anticipation of Matthew potentially needing surgery. If he needs surgery, history indicates it is important an ICU is near. He handled the ride well, but if that is my last ambulance ride, I'd be okay with that.

Mattie is not pleased with the NG (nasal gastric) tube pulling bile from his gut. I have to hold his hands down so he won't pull it out. Thankfully, I had a friend come and relieve me of hand holding for a while. Thank you, Ana!

The plan now is for a CT with contrast tonight. Not sure how they expect him to hold down the contrast as its about 10x the fluid he's had over the last 3 days, but Matthew has surprised me before.

The doctors are looking for an adhesion that developed after his original malrotation in 2010, which may be causing the blockage. If there is one, the CT will help them focus on the right area when they perform surgery, which will be tonight if they find something urgent or tomorrow if they find something but it's not emergent. We pray for nothing urgent!

No comments:

Post a Comment