Thursday, September 30, 2010

Heart Cath in 1 Week


Yesterday afternoon was the kind of afternoon I want forever etched in my memory.  It was a beautiful day…temperature in the high 80s, sunny, green grass, with blue sky.  Matthew and I sat outside while we waited on Darren, Alyssa and Jackson to return from work/school.  As we were sitting in the grass, shaded by a big bush, the birds were chirping and flying overhead which made Matthew squeal with delight in between grinning his big, ear to ear, dimpled grin. I close my eyes now, trying to picture it in my mind.  I don’t ever want to forget that moment. 
I learned an important lesson yesterday when I called cardio hoping to get more detail about the date of the procedure.  The nurse I usually deal with was out, so another nursed asked “can I help you?”  When I explained that Matthew was scheduled for a PDA fix on Oct 20 but they were trying to get him in next week, she proceeded to tell me that Matthew isn’t on the schedule until November.  I almost blew a gasket.  So, I learned the important lesson to only talk to the person who I know has the answers. Everyone else is just guessing and confuses/frustrates the situation. 
This morning the cardio-nurse-in-the- know called and we are on for Matthew's heart catheterization on October 7!  While we wait, Matthew seems to be doing pretty well on the heart meds.  His coloring looks good, his appetite is slightly improved, and he seems happier still.  It is hard to watch him eat seeing/knowing how hard it is for him and his big heart but we are counting the days until it is improved.  Hopefully one week from today!  Unfortunately, Matthew is still hanging on to this cold/virus, which he’s had for 2 weeks.   We pray --Oh please, oh please let him be well enough for the procedure next week!  Thank you for the continued prayers for sweet baby Matthew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment