Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Holiday Moments

"We only have this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand and melting like a snowflake."  -Paula Best

This holiday season has been filled with some of my favorite moments of all time. 

*Jackson puts his arm around Alyssa while they watch tv and proclaims "Alyssa, I love you and you're my best friend."

*Matthew rolling around on the floor, holding his feet, blowing raspberries and then sticking out his tongue, intermittently letting out a joyous noise.

*Passing on my most favorite holiday tradition to my kids by having Alyssa and Jackson decorate cookies with their friends.

*Going to a very kid friendly church service and Jackson sleeping in my lap for almost the entire thing.

*Opening gifts with the kids and Alyssa emphatically saying "this is EXACTLY what I wanted."

*Watching the cute Disney special, Prep & Landing (about 2 reconnaissance elves), at least 10 times.

*Alyssa and Jackson laughing like crazy as they played with the 'wooshie cooten' (whoopee cushion).

*Jackson laying on the floor playing with his cars for hours on end while Alyssa sings and dances on the Wii. 

From that first night after his birth, one of the greatest gifts Matthew's given us has been the realization of the importance of moments.  I'm so thankful for these and all sparkly, beautiful moments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment